This weekend, we made the 10 1/2 hour road trip to Lexington, KY to visit these beautiful people:
And it was such a great trip! My only regret from the entire trip is that we had to visit on a weekend when Michael had a previous engagement at a cross country meet – he’s one of the assistant coaches. BUT, even still, the Vanek’s showed us a great time. Some highlights from the trip:
- Michael cooking us a delicious dinner – salmon and risotto with green beans. Soooo good.
- Watching Ava scoot herself under the coffee table multiple times.
- Enjoying a beautiful afternoon in the countryside of KY – we saw some A-MAZ-ING horse farms.
- Checking out the happenin’ Lexington downtown scene and enjoying a meal at my fav restaurant: Alfalfa’s.
- Touring the Woodford Reserve Distillery.
- Making a day-trip to Louisville to visit the cross country team and to check out Churchill Downs. Sadly, it was raining when we got there, so we didn’t spend the $12 to stand in the rain, but we did do a once over of the track from the car. It was so worth seeing.
- Getting to see baby Vanek! Sarah is an amazingly beautiful pregnant mama and we cannot wait to meet that little babe.
Thanks so much for a great weekend, Vanek’s!! We love you and you are in our prayers as you get ready to meet your little baby.
Here are some photos from the trip: